Special Accommodation Policy Blog:
Candidates who are differently abled can request special accommodations to attempt any EC-Council certification exam, when the exam is otherwise hard for them to attempt using the standard testing equipment or within the standard exam duration. This initiative aligns with EC-Council’s commitment to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA, 1991).
EC-Council will accommodate reasonable requests by candidates with special needs, equate them with other candidates, and enable them to denote their skills and knowledge in EC-Council’s exams.
Candidates make special accommodation requests with regard to physical, sensory, physiological, cognitive, and developmental impairments that may pose challenges for writing exams.
The special accommodation request is evaluated based on the candidate’s particular accommodation request, the nature of the disability, and the reasonability of the request.
- Accessible testing site (for example, ramp for wheelchairs)
- Amanuensis (recorder of answers)
- Extended exam time—one and one-half times the usual allotment
- Extended exam time—twice the usual allotment
- Extra time for breaks
- Reader (person to read the exam items aloud)
- Separate testing room
- Special chair
- Special input device, such as a trackball mouse (specify type)
- Special output device, such as a larger monitor (specify type)
- Written instruction on exam procedures
- The special accommodation request can be downloaded at the following link: https://cert.eccouncil.org/images/doc/Special-Accommodation-Request-Form-v1.0-11112011.pdf.
The request form has two sections:
Section 1 should be completed and signed by the candidate, and
Section 2 must be filled and signed by a legally approved professional, expert, or practitioner to support the candidate’s special accommodation request.
Candidates must submit their special accommodation requests to EC-Council at least 30 days before registering for an exam. EC-Council will respond with its decision within 14 days and provide the contact details of testing centers with the infrastructure to accommodate the candidate’s special needs.
For any detail or clarification, the candidate can reach out [email protected]