What is Certified Cybersecurity Technician (CCT) Certification?
CCT is an entry-level cybersecurity program that is engineered by the creators of the Certified Ethical Hacker program to respond to the global need and demand for cybersecurity technicians.
What Does Certified Cybersecurity Technician (CCT) Offer?
CCT develops foundational multi-disciplinary cybersecurity skills across network defense, ethical hacking, digital forensics, and security operations to kickstart a cybersecurity career.
The CCT certification/credential is obtained through a comprehensive performance-based exam that combines live cyber range activities with a variety of knowledge assessments proving a grasp of both the knowledge and applied skills required to be successful in a cyber technician role.
Who should get trained in Certified Cybersecurity Technician (CCT)
This course will prepare and enhance skills in the following roles:
- IT Support Specialist
- IT Networking Specialist
- Cybersecurity Technicians
- Network Administrator
- SOC Analyst
- Network Engineers
- IT Managers
- Facility Administrators
- Career Starters, Career Changers, and Career Advancers– Students, Recent Graduates/IT Professionals, IT Managers. CCT Course is perfectly designed for anyone who is seeking to kickstart their Professional career journey in the field of Cybersecurity or add a strong foundational understanding of Cyber Security domains, and tactics required to be effective on the job.
How will the Certified Cybersecurity Technician Credential benefit you?
- It facilitates your entry into the world of cybersecurity as a cybersecurity technician
- It provides a professional fundamental skill and solidifies the concepts of information security, network security, computer forensics, risk management, and incident handling
- It provides best practices to improve organizational security posture
- It enhances your skills as a cybersecurity specialist and increases your employability
- It provides hands-on practical skills that you will use on the job every day as a cyber security technician, or any role in IT with administrative privileges where security should be considered and practiced.
What are the Prerequisites for CCT?
- No specific prerequisites are required for CCT Certification.
- Having knowledge and experience in IT Networking with a CyberSecurity focus can be an advantage.
- Candidates should have knowledge of computers and computer networks prior to challenging the CCT program, though core technologies are covered in the curriculum.
CCT Exam Details
|CCT Exam Details|
Clause: Age Requirements and Policies Concerning Minors
The age requirement for attending the training or the exam is restricted to any candidate that is permitted by his/her country of origin/residency.
If the candidate is under the legal age as permitted by his/her country of origin/residency, they are not eligible to attend the official training or eligible to attempt the certification exam unless they provide the accredited training center/EC-Council a written consent/indemnity of their parent/legal guardian and a supporting letter from their institution of higher learning. Only candidates from a nationally accredited institution of higher learning shall be considered.
Disclaimer: EC-Council reserves the right to impose additional restrictions to comply with the policy. Failure to act in accordance with this clause shall render the authorized training center in violation of their agreement with EC-Council. EC-Council reserves the right to revoke the certification of any person in breach of this requirement.
- There are no eligibility criteria to apply for the C|CT exam.
- The exam voucher code is valid for one year from the date of receipt.
- The C|CT exam is an MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) + Practical exam. This exam is only available at the ECC Exam Centre.
- No, it's not an open book exam.
- The C|CT exam consists of two sections; the first section contains 50 multiple-choice questions, and the second section contains ten hands-on practical questions.
- MCQs carry one mark each, and practical questions carry five marks each.
- The exam duration is 185 mins.
- The exam has 60 questions.
- The candidate must score 70% to pass the C|CT Exam.
- Yes, the C|CT is a part of the EC-Council Continuing Education Scheme.
- USD80 per annum.
- Should a candidate fail the exam, retake exam requests can only be purchased by writing to [email protected]. You can also read more about the retake policy here.