About the Certified Ethical Hacker (Practical)
C|EH Practical is a six-hour, rigorous exam that requires you to demonstrate the application of ethical hacking techniques such as threat vector identification, network scanning, OS detection, vulnerability analysis, system hacking, web app hacking, etc. to solve a security audit challenge.
This is the next step after you have attained the highly acclaimed Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
Professionals that possess the C|EH credential will be able to sit for exam that will test them to their limits in unearthing vulnerabilities across major operating systems, databases, and networks.
You will be given limited time, just like in the real world. The exam was developed by a panel of experienced SMEs and includes 20 real-life scenarios with questions designed to validate essential skills required in the ethical hacking domains as outlined in the C|EH program.
It is not a simulated exam but rather, it mimics a real corporate network through the use of live virtual machines, networks, and applications, designed to test the your skills.
You will be presented with scenarios and will be asked to demonstrate the application of the knowledge acquired in the C|EH course to find solutions to real-life challenges.
The World’s First Ethical Hacking Industry Readiness Assessment That Is 100% Verified, Online, Live, Proctored!
C|EH (Practical) Credential Holders Are Proven To Be Able To:
- Demonstrate the understanding of attack vectors.
- Perform network scanning to identify live and vulnerable machines in a network.
- Perform OS banner grabbing, service, and user enumeration.
- Perform system hacking, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and cover tracks.
- Identify and use viruses, computer worms, and malware to exploit systems.
- Perform packet sniffing.
- Conduct a variety of web server and web application attacks including directory traversal, parameter tampering, XSS, etc.
- Perform SQL injection attacks.
- Perform different types of cryptography attacks.
- Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organization’s network, communication infrastructure, and end systems etc.
Training Course For the C|EH (Practical)
The preparatory course for this certification is the Certified Ethical Hacker course. While there is no additional course or training required, we strongly recommend that you attempt the C|EH (Practical) exam only if you have attended the current C|EH course/equivalent. The aim of this credential is to help set gifted ethical hacking practitioners apart from the crowd.
Dashboard consists of:
- Detailed Instruction guide
- Exam scheduling service
- Exam launching service
- Exam status
- Yes, it’s an open book exam.
Note: All exam sessions are proctored through EC-Council Remote Proctoring Service.
- Cancellation requests are to be made 24 hours in advance.
- Rescheduling is possible 72 hours prior to the exam session.
- Candidate has a grace period of 15 minutes to show up for the exam session.
- After 3 no-show cases, the candidate will be required to seek special permission from the Director – Certification to proceed with their attempt.
- If you need technical support or assistance, please contact us at [email protected].
- Retake exam requests can only be purchased by writing to [email protected], should a candidate fail the exam.
- Yes, the CEH (Practical) is a part of the EC-Council Continuing Education Scheme.