The EC-Council Licensed Penetration Tester (Master) Credential
This exam has one purpose:
To differentiate the experts from the novices in Penetration Testing!
There are good penetration testers and then there are great penetration testers.
Unless you are bent on being nothing other than the best in penetration testing, don’t bother registering for this program as you are probably not cut out for it.
This is the first program in the world that can give you two potential outcomes in one single exam!
If you are one of the very few top-notch experts in the game that can test some of the most hardened systems in the world, then you may have what it takes to become a Licensed Penetration Tester Master. To earn the LPT (Master) you will need to score at least 90% on our 24-hour exam.
Even if you don’t score 90% on the exam, which is a rare feat, candidates that score more than 70% will earn the CPENT certification.
Your pen-testing skills will be challenged against a multi-layered network architecture with defense-in-depth controls. You will be required to make decisions under immense pressure at critical stages while selecting your approach and exploits.
As you progress, you will need to maneuver web applications and host penetration testing tools and tricks in an internal and external context to ultimately pwn the hosts and exfiltrate data required to complete the challenges.
The exam will require you to demonstrate mastery of deploying advanced pen-testing techniques and tools including multi-level pivoting, OS vulnerabilities exploits, SSH tunneling, host-based application exploits, privilege escalation, and web server and web application exploitation such as arbitrary local and remote file upload, SQL injection, and parameter manipulation, etc. – all in a real-life scenario on hardened machines, networks, and applications.
You will be facing the ticking clock and there’s no time to hesitate. There’s no time for second-guessing. Try either of these or be prepared to fail!
And you must know that while you are racing against time, you will be under the watchful eyes of the EC-Council proctors who will be online and live! This added pressure will test your mental strength.
You can read more about this at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/licensed-penetration-tester-lpt-master.
Introducing the World’s Most Advanced Penetration Testing Program
The Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT) program by EC-Council was created to prepare those that want to be recognized as elite penetration testing professionals. Our training has been designed by the best in the industry and is meant to push you to develop the kind of skill that you’ve been waiting to acquire.
LPT (Master) training (via CPENT) is not comfortable (and the exam is even worse!) but filled with intense stress meant to elicit the best from you. Those who prevail will have developed an instinctual response to real-world penetration testing challenges.
In this training program, you will learn professional security and penetration testing skills. The course is designed to show advanced concepts like advanced windows attacks, attacking IoT systems, and writing exploits with advanced binary exploitation to go beyond flat networks. You will learn to bypass a filtered network, pentest OT systems, access hidden networks with pivoting, double pivot, escalate privilege, and evade defense mechanisms.
Steps to Become an EC-Council Licensed Penetration Tester (LPT Master):
- All candidates willing to attain the LPT(Master) would need to qualify for the CPENT exam and score 90% and above. One exam will lead you to two certifications i.e. (1) CPENT and (2) LPT(Master). You need a min score of 70% to attain the CPENT Submission of pen-testing report and approval from the CPENT review committee is mandatory to attain the CPENT and the LPT(Master) credential whichever is applicable.
- To know more about the application process, click here.
Clause: Age Requirements and Policies Concerning Minors
The age requirement for attending the training or the exam is restricted to any candidate that is permitted by his/her country of origin/residency.
If the candidate is under the legal age as permitted by his/her country of origin/residency, they are not eligible to attend the official training or eligible to attempt the certification exam unless they provide the accredited training center/EC-Council a written consent/indemnity of their parent/legal guardian and a supporting letter from their institution of higher learning. Only candidates from a nationally accredited institution of higher learning shall be considered.
Renewal Cycle, Certification Fees & ECE Scheme
- The certification is valid for 2 years from the date of approval and members must then renew annually.
- For renewals, members will need to remit USD250 per annum which can be done at our online store.
- LPT (Master) certification falls under the ECE Policy. Members must ensure that they meet the ECE requirement.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to write in to [email protected]
- EC-Council reserves the right to impose additional restriction to comply with the policy. Failure to act in accordance with this clause shall render the authorized training center in violation of their agreement with EC-Council.
- EC-Council reserves the right to revoke the certification of any person in breach of this requirement.